- Employment Type:Full Time
- Monthly Salary:Unspecified
- Minimum Work Experience:2-5 Years
- Minimum Education Level:Bachelors Degree
- Listed By:Employer
- Company Size:51-200 Employees
- Career Level:Mid-level
A quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. They seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.
As a quantity surveyor you could work for either the client or the contractor, in an office or on site. You will be involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work. When the project is in progress, you’ll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
To successfully carry out your role, you’ll need to:
• prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
• undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
• assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
• perform risk, value management and cost control;
• advise on a procurement strategy;
• identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
• prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
• allocate work to subcontractors;
• provide advice on contractual claims;
• analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
• value completed work and arrange payments;
• maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
• understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
• offer advice on property taxation;
• provide post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life-cycle costing advice;
• assist clients in locating and accessing additional and alternative sources of funding;
• enable clients to initiate construction projects;
• advise on the maintenance costs of specific buildings.
To Apply this job, attach your CV here and Send.