Level 1 Technical Support Engineer
- Company Name:Value Added Disti
- Employment Type:Contract
- Monthly Salary:6,000 – 7,999 AED
- Benefits:as per the UAE labor law
- Minimum Work Experience:2-5 Years
- Minimum Education Level:Bachelors Degree
- Listed By:Employer
- Company Size:11-50 Employees
- Career Level:Junior
Filipino Applicants Preferred
The L1 Technical Support Engineer is the initial point-of-contact for troubleshooting Servers, desktops, software, network and monitoring service availability for our customers. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing backups, antivirus, installation of Microsoft Patches, User and mail box creation; Password reset; supporting connectivity;
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot the issues related to Server Operating System
• Troubleshoot the issues related to desktop, laptops, printers and Microsoft Office applications
• Respond and diagnose problems through discussion with users and supervisor
• Work closely with L2 team in Managing the VMWare and Hyper-V Infrastructure
• Build, deploy and maintain standard Windows updates and application installation packages
• Monitor and Manage the backups, Antivirus
• Provide onsite assistance for migration of data and orientation to the operation of Microsoft operating systems and Mac OS.
• Monitor customer’s IT infrastructure, connectivity, and availability.
• Be aware of latest security threats and be able to quickly respond or recommend course of action to IT management as threats arise.
• On a scheduled rotation, provide off-hours emergency coverage for evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned based on business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of Desktop and Server support experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/R2 and 2012/R2, Active Directory, and Exchange administration, SQL administration are required.
• Four-year degree in Computer Science.
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) is Mandatory.
• Basic network trouble shooting
• General understanding of Incident Management and IT ticket systems.
• Experience providing customer support for server application software in a multi-site enterprise
• Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with both internal associates.
• Proven diagnostic problem solving and solution development capabilities required.
To Apply this job, attach your CV here and Send.