Accountant Team Leader
- Employment Type:Full Time
- Monthly Salary:12,000 – 19,999 AED
- Benefits:Annual Air Ticket & Medical Insurance
- Minimum Work Experience:5-10 Years
- Minimum Education Level:Bachelors Degree
- Listed By:Employer
- Company Size:11-50 Employees
- Career Level:Senior
Company Profile :
A well-established French managed company based in Sharjah Airport Freezone trading in Niche Perfumery Components (Fragrance from France & Packaging from Europe) seeks to employ a well-qualified and experienced Accountant. The company is established in the year 2000 to a multitude of clients in the GCC countries, Asia and Europe. The company is an aggressive stage to expand globally.
Responsible for providing accounting support to the Management and support departments. Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable duties.
Provide support to the Management and Sales (Operations) group, through information analysis (eg. Current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year budget), assisting the sales team in the monthly operation review, identifying areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting and periodic analysis of operations performance, monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends.
1. The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience. They will be a self-starter who uses initiative, can manage a varied workload, is deadline driven and has the commitment to seeing a change process through from start to finish.
2. Essential skills / experience
3. Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant. Indian National. Male. Also CA intern will be accepted.
4. A perfect command of English.
5. Strong technical skills.
6. Advanced excel skills
7. IFRS knowledge
8. Excellent communication and influencing skills
9. Flexibility, multi-tasking mindset and an ability to deal with shifting priorities
10. Dealing with external advisors (banks, auditors, tax etc.)
Job Responsibilities will include:
1. Accounts receivable and credit control:
– Achieve overall monthly collection target as per the ageing bucket.
– Orderly maintenance of customers credit application formalities and agreed credit terms.
– Take initiative to resolve disputes where required.
– Ensures adherence to standard procedures and internal controls.
– Carry out weekly collection meeting with Sales team.
– Set credit term and amount in consultation with the Management for all customers and ensures that the agreed credit terms are honored.
2. Managing petty cash float.
– Checking for validity, completeness, accuracy and authorization on all petty cash claims.
– Managing the company’s petty cash float effectively, ensuring all disbursements are met on demand, not later than a day from request.
– Follow ups on IOU settlements. Ensures that the IOU’s on hand are not more than one month in age.
– Ensures that reimbursement are done before the cash float reach 30% of the limit.
3. Internal Controls:
– Preparation and approving bank reconciliation statements.
– Identifying possible omissions errors or irregularities in posting (receipts and payments) and rectifying the same immediately.
– Ensuring that stale cheques are written back. Similarly investigating on long standing unrealized deposits.
4. Month End and MIS:
– Coordinate with all concerned parties effectively in finalizing month end activities by 6th of every month (AR&AP invoices, payments, accruals etc.)
– Provide assigned schedules as required as per agreed timeliness each month.
– Ensuring monthly MIS is reviewed every 7th calendar day of each month.
– Balance sheet schedules of the team – 13th calendar day of the month.
– Preparation of Annual Budget and quarterly forecast.
5. Timely weekly/monthly reporting:
– Weekly sales invoice register & debtors report for weekly collection meeting with Sales team.
– Consolidated debtors reporting – 7th calendar day of the month.
– Monthly expected collection report by client 7th of every month.
– Sales commission calculation – 15th calendar day of the month.
– Any other reports requested from time to time.
– Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
7. Funds Management:
– Forecast cash flow positions and available funds for investment.
– Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
– Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as wel as on its foreign exchange positions.
– Maintain banking relationships.
– Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure.
– Arrange for equity and debt financing.
– Invest funds.
– Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows.
– Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
– Report to Management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
– Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
– Working/Coordinating with the Sales Team and the Purchase Department in determining financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product roll out etc and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
9. Financial Analysis:
– Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis in all areas of the company.
– Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
– Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of the company.
– Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals.
– Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing.
– Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
– Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
– Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
10. Additional responsibilities:
– Assisting with the annual external audit
– Monthly payrolls.
– Checking and updating the price list in the company’s erp (SAP Business One).
– Filing of quarterly VAT returns and maintaining documents as per the UAE VAT law.
– Coordinating with the Sales team on extension of credit to customers.
– Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations.
To Apply this job, attach your CV here and Send.